Thursday, October 21, 2010

Meat Cupcakes!

And my posting continues to slip... so first, some life news. I have a string of certification tests over the next couple of weeks with the first one tomorrow so I may be distracted and posting may suffer. My apologies in advance.

But to make up for it... meat cup cakes!

Rachel: I think we should make meatloaf this week.
Me: What about meat cup cakes?
Rachel: ... what?
Me: It's meatloaf... but CUP CAKES! We can use mashed potatoes as frosting!
Rachel: ... OK, I'm in.

So, we (and by we I mean Rachel, thanks honey!) made meat cup cakes... which it turns out is actually EASIER to make than meat loaf.

Step 1: find a meat loaf recipe
Step 2: make meat loaf mix
Step 3: put mix into cupcake wrappers and/or into cupcake tin. REMEMBER: meat doesn't rise, so if you want a dome shape, you have to make it!
Step 4: bake for 1/3-1/2 the normal meatloaf time
Step 5: Profit! I mean, Cup Cakes!

The little red bit on top is ketchup, but you could probably also put that in the core for molten goodness. Add other toppings like mashed potatoes, cheese, etc. as desired.

Plus, our meat cup cakes were actually HEALTHY. Did you hear that? HEALTHY MEAT CUP CAKES.

My mind, is blown.



Until next time...

"But when the time comes that a man has had his dinner, then the true man comes to the surface."
- Progress in Medicine speech by Mark Twain, 1902

1 comment:

Rachel Teagle said...

OMG.

WHAT!??!??

Wow.

Btw, next time, try cherry tomatoes as cherries on top.

And if you want to take it to the next level, you can always do a Meat Wedding Cake